Monday 20th August 2018
- Matthew Ritchie – President of The Makers; Business Innovation Development Consultant for TAFE
- Dr Jason Holdsworth – Advance Queensland Community Digital Champion; CSIRO STEM Professional
- Kurt Shoenhoff – Treasurer of The Makers; Business Innovation Development Consultant for TAFE
- Celia Berrell – Science Rhymes; Admin Cairns Neurophysiology
Not Attending from Meeting 4:
- Stephen Ung – Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
- Anja van Hooydonk – Teacher of Mathematics & Science St Mary’s Catholic College; Mathematics B Panel Chair Cairns; QAMT President Cairns
- Tiffany Turnour – Laboratory Technician St Mary’s Catholic College
Matt Ritchie spoke with Shelly Dunlop about altering the funding allocations originally proposed.
She supported a redistribution of the funds as a Science Fair is an expensive venture.
It was suggested that the Science Fair component be scaled down, so that the STEM Hub development could be prioritised.
Anja van Hooydonk has confirmed we can hold a Science Fair event at St Mary’s Catholic College on Friday 2nd November and has notified the original Stem Hub Team via email.
Action: Details to be established and team response sought.
Celia Berrell supplied some key words and phrases (including our mission statement) as a guideline for the platform landing page and further development. Matt Ritchie clarified the first key components for the website:
- Invite submission of email addresses for connection
- Use a Google Form to gain some details about those connecting with the Hub
Dr Jason Holdsworth secured the website domain www.cairnsregionalstem.org, registered for 12 months. Jason is also inviting a JCU internship to further develop logo, images and other content for the website.
Action: Kurt Shoenhoff to reimburse Jason from the STEM Hub funds held & log same.
Next Meeting is on Monday 27th August at 5pm TAFE S Block