Opened 4.00pm B11 St Mary’s CC
- Anja van Hooydonk – Teacher of Mathematics & Science St Mary’s Catholic College; Mathematics B Panel Chair Cairns; QAMT President Cairns
- Tiffany Turnour – Laboratory Technician St Mary’s Catholic College
- Kurt Shoenhoff – Independent IT/AV and EE contractor; Treasurer of TheMakers.ORG; JCU IT Honours Student.
Celia Berrell – Science Rhymes; Admin Cairns Neurophysiology;
STEM Fair 16th August
Tiffany supplied a plan and explanation of how the STEM Fair will operate.
HOB has three areas, A, B & C with stalls/presentations with the following:
- Area A: CQU; Woree SHS; The Flying Scientist
- Area B: The Makers; Peace Lutheran College; Hydro-in service
- Area C: She Maps; JCU; Cairns Libraries
The Sports Complex will have three areas, D, E, F as follows:
- Area D: STEM Girls; Gordonvale SHS; Questacon (St Mary’s CC)
- Area E: Department of Agriculture & Fisheries; Edge Hill SS; Qld Agriculture Workforce Network
- Area F: Robotics (St Mary’s CC); Michael Kateifides Physics Exhibition; Trinity Anglican School.
Tiffany advised everything was on track, however she is waiting to hear back from JCU, Hydro-in Service and QAWN and Stephen Ung.
Action: Kurt offered to make contact with Jason Holdsworth at JCU.
Cairns Regional STEM Website
The website is now fully functional and email address has correct distribution
Action: Tiffany to send out an email with the link to the form for people to fill out in order to have their organisation/project details added to the website.
Meet & Greet
We will arrange another Meet and Greet meeting after the STEM Fair
Action: Kurt to draft a new pitch for this.
Next STEM HUB Meeting
Monday 19th August 4.30pm at B11 St Mary’s Catholic College, Woree