Monday 11th February 2019
Opened 5.00pm The Makers TAFE
- Anja van Hooydonk – Teacher of Mathematics & Science St Mary’s Catholic College; Mathematics B Panel Chair Cairns; QAMT President Cairns
- Kurt Schoenhoff – Independent IT/AV and EE contractor; Treasurer of TheMakers.ORG; JCU IT Honours Student
Stephen Ung – Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships
- Celia Berrell – Science Rhymes; Admin Cairns Neurophysiology
Preparations for “Meet & Greet”
PERSPECTIVES & PIZZA Meet & Greet event for 5pm Friday 15th February at Dunwoody’s at 317 Sheridan Street:
- Projector available for PowerPoint use
- We can order the required number of pizzas on the day
- Lorena Goodall has confirmed she will be there
- Tiffany has contacted all of the stall holders from our STEM Fair last year
- Anja contacted Maths Teachers in our region with both Meet & Greet plus She Maps PD info
- Kurt has organised a PDF flyer for distributionConfirmed speakers – anticipated order of presentation:
- Jason Holdsworth from JCU (10mins)
- Michael Kateifides from Innisfail (5mins)
- Paul from She Maps (5mins)
- Terri Mulqueen from Environmental Education Centre (5mins) 5. Matt Ritchie from The Makers (5mins).
- Wearable sticky labels (+ texta) for everyone to write and display their name.
- FREE DRINK Tickets to be given out, one for each guest on arrival
- Name / industry / email LOG for guests to enter their contact details
- Hand-out Flyer to incorporate our name as per new poster; Kurt & Anja’s names and our contact details and website
Action: Tiffany to email new Flyer and include “complimentary drink & pizza” in wording
Action: Kurt to create a (A5 or smaller) Hand-out flyer and email it to Anja for printing and cutting.
Action: Anja to create a guest LOG framework & source sticky labels
Action: Are we using raffle tickets for the FREE DRINK Tickets?
Action: Anja & Tiffany to sort out a Welcome person and MC for the evening
ITEMS FROM PREVIOUS MEETING STILL IN PROGRESS: